5-Ingredient Simple Eggplant ParmesanRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Don’t believe you can enjoy the vegetables on your plate?
Think again. This 5-Ingredient, Simple Eggplant Parmesan recipe is a far cry from the average plate of steamed broccoli. Boosted with cheese for a PowerFuel and seasoned with garlic flavor, you’ll deliciously hit your daily veggie requirements and be satiated long after you’re done eating. Also, because it doesn’t require much to make this savory Simple Eggplant Parmesan a reality, you might be able to even forgo the shopping trip. Throw it on a whole grain roll and your flex lunch is set: Men can even double up!
Eating well should be enjoyable… the simplicity here… a huge bonus!
Servings: Makes 4 servings; 2½ cups counts as one serving.
Calories per Serving: 165
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 8 slices of eggplant, about ½-inch thick
- 4 Tbsp. marinara sauce (no added sugar)
- 4 Tbsp. low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread eggplant on baking sheet. Sprinkle eggplant with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Bake eggplant for 20 minutes flipping halfway in-between.
- When eggplant is lightly brown and softened, remove from oven.
- Evenly layer the following ingredients in a ramekin: 2 slices of eggplant, 1 Tbsp. sauce, and 1 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese. Continue layering with remaining eggplant slices, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover ramekin with foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove cover and bake for about 5 minutes, until cheese has completely melted and is lightly browned.