Cheerio! Air Fryer Fish and Chips are a nutritious way to bring London to your plate.
Just a hop, skip and a jump away from the foreign flavors we can all appreciate, this recipe is a dieting gem. Next time you’re bored of the same old dinner, fish brings a fresh spin to your table in less than 15 minutes. Just throw everything in the air fryer and you’re all set. Crispy, flaky fish might sound too good to be true on a diet. However, Air Fryer Fish and Chips make the seemingly impossible, possible. Popeye’s only wishes they could create something so divine! That need-to-loosen-my-belt feeling after a delectable meal is replaced with the opposite, and a big grin as you run upstairs to find your college sized pair of jeans.
Two SmartCarbs, one and a half Powerfuels and two Extras are worth adjusting your food log around… however, if you want to make this meal even more waist-friendly, just stick with the fish. Only having the fish will keep things to one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel for 205 calories (and turn this dish into a flex snack). To make things even easier, we’ve created an easy-to-use food tracker app that keeps track of your daily food intake. Easily log each serving of Air Fryer Fish and Chips in our NuMi App here >
Calories per Serving: 391
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 SmartCarbs, 1 ½ PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 4 oz. cod fish
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup water
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- ½ large potato, peeled
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Seasoning: Chili powder, oregano, rosemary, thyme or black pepper
- Preheat Air Fryer at 400° F.
- Slice potato into the French fry shapes of your choosing (wedge, sticks, etc.).
- Pat potato dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix together potato slices, olive oil and seasoning.
- Transfer to air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine flour, vinegar, baking soda and water (adding more water, if needed). Dip fish into batter.
- Transfer fish to air fryer basket with the fries and cook for 8 minutes, or until fish is fully cooked.