Air fryers make for a perfectly light way to enjoy all of the taste of your fried, greasy favorites in a slimmed down fashion and this Air Fryer Frittata is a prime (excuse the pun) “eggs-ample.”
Instead of daydreaming about the “forever forbidden” brunch foods all of your friends are enjoying, craft a light, protein-packed and savory meal that’ll launch your day in the right direction. Mushrooms, tomato and chive bring out the big guns for garden fresh flavor to complement fluffy clouds of egg white that needs no support from cheese. Don’t believe us? Try it out because there’s nothing to lose here… except inches from your waist.
The Air Fryer Frittata is probably the best bang for your PowerFuel buck that you’ll have all day at just 75 calories. (If you’re still a little confused what this translates to in your diet, click here to learn more about PowerFuels >)
Our favorite thing about this frittata is how versatile it is. Enjoy half as is and you have a perfect snack. But, if it’s a full breakfast you’re after, top half with your favorite low-fat cheese and serve it with a side of fresh fruit, and you’ve got yourself a fabulous flex breakfast. However you decide to enjoy it, just don’t forget to log your food intake in NuMi > NuMi will keep you on track with your weight loss goals.
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 75
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. skim milk
- ¼ cup sliced tomato
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat Air Fryer at 320° F.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased frying pan (which may be provided with the air fryer) or to the bottom of the air fryer (after removing the accessory)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until frittata is cooked through.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.