Almond Butter and Sea Salt Freezer FudgeRecipe posted in: Tasty Takes on Nutrisystem Meals, Snacks & Desserts
The combo of sweet and salty is undeniable for scientific reasons. Scientists found in 2011 that certain receptors of sugar in the body only work in the presence of sodium—so the salt accentuates the sweetness. And this almond butter, chocolate and salt freezer fudge clicks both boxes… while making enough to last through many cravings.
Servings: Makes 20 servings
Calories per Serving: 113
On Nutrisystem, Count As: One serving counts as 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- For the fudge:
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- For the topping:
- 1 package Nutrisystem NutriChocolates
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a cake or brownie pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil, syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt until combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl with the almond butter, and combine until liquid and smooth. Pour evenly into the baking pan, using a spatula to make it flat.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 90 minutes or until it’s solid.
- During the last 10 minutes of freezing, place a metal bowl on top of a small saucepan (or, if you have a double boiler, use that), and heat the NutriChocolates over low heat in the bowl to melt. Once it’s melted, remove from heat.
- Remove the fudge from the freezer, and pull the parchment or foil out of the pan.
- Slice into 20 squares of about one inch each. Spoon the melted chocolate over each square, and sprinkle with sea salt. Place the squares back in the freezer to harden.