Almond Butter and Sea Salt Freezer FudgeRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Snacks & Desserts, Snacks, Desserts
The combo of sweet and salty is undeniable for scientific reasons. Scientists found in 2011 that certain receptors of sugar in the body only work in the presence of sodium—so the salt accentuates the sweetness. And this Almond Butter and Sea Salt Freezer Fudge clicks both boxes… while making enough to last through many cravings.
Featuring a sprinkle of sea salt and melted NutriChocolaty Wafers from Nutrisystem as the delicious topping, you can satisfy all of your cravings with this easy, no bake dessert.
Calories per Serving: 113
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 package Nutrisystem NutriChocolaty Wafers
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a cake or brownie pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil, syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt until combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl with the almond butter, and combine until liquid and smooth. Pour evenly into the baking pan, using a spatula to make it flat.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 90 minutes or until it’s solid.
- During the last 10 minutes of freezing, place a metal bowl on top of a small saucepan (or, if you have a double boiler, use that), and heat the NutriChocolaty Wafers over low heat in the bowl to melt. Once it’s melted, remove from heat.
- Remove the fudge from the freezer, and pull the parchment or foil out of the pan.
- Slice into 20 squares of about one inch each. Spoon the melted chocolate over each square, and sprinkle with sea salt. Place the squares back in the freezer to harden.