Apples and Almond Butter: Mason Jar RecipeRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks
Almond butter and apples are a deliciously healthy combination. Almond butter is a great source of protein with less saturated fat than peanut butter—and it tastes great! You’ll see when you dip your apple slices in it.
Count this mason jar recipe as one SmartCarb and two PowerFuels on Nutrisystem. Looking to cut back on the PowerFuel count? Just go with one tablespoon of almond butter instead! And don’t forget to log each serving in our food tracker app, NuMi, here >
Calories per Serving: 291
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels
- Supplies: 1 wide mouth pint (16 oz) mason jar, 1 empty fruit cup
- 1 medium apple, cut into slices
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter (or any nut butter)
- Lemon juice
- Add apple slices to the mason jar. Drizzle lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Place fruit cup in the top of the jar and add nut butter.
- Top with lid and add mason jar ring to secure everything in place. Refrigerate until ready to serve.