Blueberry Nut Sweet Potato ToastRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Snacks
Toast to a healthier life! Blueberry Nut Sweet Potato Toast, is your new favorite no-bread, “bread-y” delight. It’s sinfully delicious and crazy nutritious. Sweet, wholesome potato provides the base for a protein-packed blend of cottage cheese, crunchy nuts, ripe, juicy blueberries and farm-fresh honey. Cinnamon adds a hint of that something special we just can’t put an adjective to. It isn’t until you taste this simply wonderful recipe, that its tantalizing flavors are truly understood and greatly appreciated.
Log this recipe as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Vegetable and one Extra in the NuMi App! You can incorporate this Blueberry Nut Sweet Potato Toast, almost anywhere, creating the perfect start of a flex meal.
Calories per Serving: 176
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced into four ¼-inch slices
- ½ cup cottage cheese, low fat, low sodium
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. nuts (almonds or walnuts)
- 2 tsp. honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the sweet potato with a nonstick cooking spray and place it on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, flipping the slices halfway. Don’t overcook the sweet potato: The toast will become mushy if you do.
- In the meantime, mix the cottage cheese and cinnamon
- Top the sweet potato with the cottage cheese, blueberries, nuts and drizzle of honey.