Cinnamon Raisin Carrot MuffinsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Sides, Snacks, Desserts
Like to bake? These Cinnamon Raisin Carrot Muffins are a lot of fun to make… and eat! Grated carrots, sliced almonds, cinnamon, raisins and a few other simple ingredients blend perfectly with the applesauce, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla to make an irresistibly flavorful baked treat.
Each muffin counts as one SmartCarb and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Log each serving in the NuMi App and enjoy!
Calories per Serving: 146
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 Extras
- ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 6 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground allspice and salt. Add the sliced almonds, grated carrots and raisins to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon until combined. Divide the batter evenly between the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake muffins for 30-35 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.