Carrot & Potato Fritters with Cilantro Yogurt DipRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Sides
Carrot & Potato Fritters with Cilantro Yogurt Dip might taste unlawfully good, but they follow all the diet rules in the book.
Don’t let your weight loss plan get boring because this recipe uses wholesome, filling potato and fresh carrots to deliver a mouthful of excitement you’d never see coming. Curry powder, coriander and cumin are only some of the spices that give these Carrot & Potato Fritters life.
Egg whites and whole wheat flour lighten up the meal, ensuring that this dish won’t fall into common, heavy potato fritter territory! And why stop while you’re ahead? Cilantro Yogurt Dip is there to kick things up. This healthy, cooling topping brings some balance and more zest to your Carrot & Potato Fritters.
Feed six with a half of a SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and one Vegetable—or yourself six times this week—because it might be the first time you’ve ever dreamed of vegetables. And be sure to log each serving in the NuMi App to stay on track with your weight loss goals >
Servings: Makes 6 servings; one serving is 2 fritters with 2 tablespoons of sauce
Calories per Serving: 112
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1/2 SmartCarb, 1/2 PowerFuel and 1 Vegetable
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 small golden potatoes
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. egg white
- 3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Yogurt Dip
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grate the carrots, potato and onion (you can use a food processor grating attachment, if possible) and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the grated vegetables and the rest of the fritter ingredients to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Mist the bottom of the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop approximately ¼ cup of the mixture into the heated pan (mixture should make about 12 fritters). Add two to three more fritters depending on the size of your pan.
- After the fritters are crispy and light brown, flip over to the other side (about three to four minutes per side). Continue until all of the fritter mixture is gone.
- While the fritters are cooking, combine ingredients for yogurt dip in a bowl.
- Top fritters with the cilantro yogurt dip before serving.
- NOTE: Leftover fritters can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, wrap fritters in aluminum foil and bake in a 350 ° F oven for 10-15 minutes or until warm.