Double Chocolate Cherry CookiesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Bask in the flavors of a classic flavor combo with these delicious Cherry Double Chocolate Cookies. Featuring the decadence of rich, creamy chocolate and the fabulously fruity flavor of cherries, these incredibly soft and chunky Cherry Double Chocolate Cookies are a cheat-worthy treat that won’t do your abs any harm. Fitting smoothly into your Nutrisystem plan as one SmartCarb, these double chocolate cookies are a dieter’s dream. Dip one of them into a cup of skim milk for a flex snack your inner child can appreciate.
Servings: 19 (Makes 38 cookies; 1 serving = 2 cookies)
Calories per Serving: 104
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp. egg white
- 2 Tbsp. butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup ricotta, part-skim
- ½ cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cherries, unsweetened
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees and line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Whisk together flour, Truvia, baking soda, salt and cocoa in a bowl, and set it aside.
- In a standing mixer, mix together butter, vanilla and egg white until combined well.
- Add applesauce and continue to mix until it is fully incorporated.
- Mix ricotta in to the wet mixture.
- Half a cup at a time, add the dry ingredients mixture to the wet ingredients mixture and mix well.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough and place on the parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten a bit with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.