Chocolate Covered Banana BitesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks
Featuring an indulgent combo of banana, peanut butter, chocolate and coconut, these Chocolate Covered Banana Bites are a ridiculously delicious way to check off today’s SmartCarb.
They’re flavorful and rich but won’t take you off your weight loss plan. Plus, they make for a decadent dessert to bring to all your parties and gatherings this year.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 medium banana
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Popsicle sticks
- Peel and cut banana into four slices. Place them on a plate and freeze them for a few hours or overnight. Note: If you want to use popsicle sticks, insert them in the middle of the banana chunks before freezing.
- For the filling, mix together peanut butter and half the shredded coconut.
- When the bananas are frozen, spread the peanut butter mixture on top of each banana slice. Return to freezer until peanut butter is frozen.
- When peanut butter is frozen, melt chocolate in the microwave 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until chocolate is fully melted.
- Coat the bananas in the chocolate, sprinkle with remaining coconut, and place on parchment paper.
- Return to freezer until chocolate hardens.
- Store in the freezer.