Cinnamon Streusel MuffinsRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
These warm and flavorful Cinnamon Streusel Muffins will melt in your mouth. The soft muffin, made from a combination of ingredients including creamy applesauce and cinnamon, is covered with a buttery brown sugar streusel topping.
Count these soft, sweet treats as one SmartCarb and one Extra on your Numi App log.
Calories per Serving: 145
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 Extra
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ cups rolled oats, divided
- Streusel Topping: 2 Tbsp. rolled oats, 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. light butter substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 6 cups of a muffin tin with a paper liner and set aside.
- Add dates and boiling water to a blender or food processor. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then puree until smooth.
- Add remaining muffin ingredients, except for ½ cup of the rolled oats, to the blender or food processor. Puree until the batter is smooth.
- Add the final ½ cup of rolled oats and mix with a spatula; DO NOT PUREE. Divide the muffin batter evenly into the muffin tin liners; they should be about 2/3 of the way full.
- Mix the streusel topping ingredients together in a bowl. Sprinkle streusel on top of each of the muffins.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffin should come out clean.