If you’ve visited the internet any time within the last few months, you might have noticed a new breakfast trend gaining traction: Cloud eggs. What are cloud eggs? In a nutshell, Cloud Eggs are basically fluffier takes on your
They are achieved by separating the whites and the yolk, beating the whites until they achieve a foam-like consistency, and seasoning as you choose. Then, you spoon the foam onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, scoop out the center, drop the egg yolk in, and bake for a few minutes. It’s that easy!
Calories per Serving: 72
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel
- 2 large eggs
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup chives, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the eggs. Put egg whites in a bowl and beat with mixer on medium-high until medium-stiff peaks form and hold their shape.
- Gently fold in chives (optional).
- Scoop the egg white mixture onto baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, create a small well in the center of each mound. Carefully place an egg yolk in each well. Season with pepper.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the yolks have set and whites are light golden brown (6 minutes for runny yolks, 8 minutes for firmer yolks).