It doesn’t get much creepier (or much healthier!) than these Carrot Fingers with Hummus. This ghoulishly guilt-free appetizer is the perfect thing to bring to your next Halloween get-together because your hosts will love it and you can be sure that regardless of what else is served, you’ll have at least one healthy option on hand (pun intended!).
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Vegetable
- For the fingers:
- 5 long carrots, peeled
- 5 sliced almonds
- For the hummus:
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. dried coriander
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- You’ll also need:
- Extra veggies for dipping
- For hummus: Mix all the above ingredients until smooth (add more water if too thick).
- For carrots: Trim according to typical length of fingers and thumb.
- Cut the tip of each carrot to be slightly rounded.
- Use a dab of hummus dip to glue a sliced-almond fingernail on top of each carrot tip.
- Stick the fingers in the dip.