Crispy Carrot FriesRecipe posted in: Sides
Every day can be “fry-day” thanks to this delicious Crispy Carrot Fry recipe that puts a healthier spin on a favorite drive-through treat. All you need to make these tasty carrot fries is carrots, olive oil, fresh rosemary and a bit of salt and pepper.
Feel free to experiment with whatever seasonings you like. Like to dunk your fries in ketchup? Go right ahead! One tablespoon of the tomato-y stuff counts as one Extra on the Nutrisystem Weight Loss Program.
Craving cookies? Check out these Cookie Recipes That Won’t Destroy Your Diet!
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 cup of carrot fries counts as 1 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- 1 1/2 lbs. peeled carrots
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut carrots into fry-like strips.
- In a medium sized bowl, blend olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Add carrots and toss till coated.
- Spray a baking sheet with zero-calorie cooking spray then arrange carrots in a single layer on baking sheet and drizzle remaining spice mixture over carrots.
- Bake for 10 minutes then flip each carrot fry. Continue to bake until brown and slightly crispy, (10-15 minutes more).
- If you like your fries extra crispy, consider adding the fries to your broiler for a few minutes longer.