Easy One-Pan Chicken Fajita BakeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
You’ll love the simplicity of this delicious dish, which tops tasty brown rice with tender chicken breast, flavorful veggies and savory spices for a flex dinner that doesn’t disappoint.
Try subbing in any of your favorite veggies and have some fun experimenting with spices and seasonings for an even bigger flavor fiesta.
Healthy hint: Double this Easy Chicken Fajita Bake recipe and look forward to leftovers!
On Nutrisystem, Count As: Each serving counts as 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable and 3 Extras
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- 2, 3 oz. boneless chicken breasts, raw
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 3 Tbsp. sliced black olives
- 1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup brown rice
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Brush chicken with oil, toss with seasonings, then place in baking dish.
- Layer vegetables over chicken and squeeze fresh lime juice over veggies.
- Top with cheese and desired seasonings
- Bake at 375˚ F until chicken is cooked through (about 35-45 minutes).
- Divide rice among two plates, then top each with a chicken breast and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with hot sauce or extra seasonings.