These Easy Thumbprint Cookies are so tasty and so simple to make, you won’t ever go back to the store-bought kind. Just blend together the cookie ingredients, choose whatever jelly flavor is your favorite and spoon it right into the center, then bake for a few minutes. That’s it!
Double or triple the recipe and take them to your next party or gathering, or go ahead and savor them solo. For an absolutely delectable, peanut butter and jelly style flex snack, just grab one cookie and two tablespoons of peanuts. Whatever way you choose to enjoy these sweet treats, one thing is for sure: If you have a sweet tooth but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen baking, than you have to try this thumbprint cookie recipe. Be sure to let us know what you think!
Servings: Makes 5 cookies; 1 cookie counts as 1 serving
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 5 tsp. sugar free jelly, any flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a small cooking sheet with cooking spray
- In a food processor, add the oats and pulse until meal forms. Don’t process to a flour; keep some big flakes. Pour into a small bowl
- Mash banana using a food processor or a fork/spoon
- Add banana and cinnamon to bowl and mix
- Scoop dough into 5 balls on a cookie sheet
- With the back of a spoon or a thumb, press the center of the cookie to create a well
- Fill each well with 1 teaspoon of jelly
- Bake for about 10 minutes and let cool for another 10 minutes