These delicious, meat-free Edamame Quinoa Burgers wrapped in lettuce leaves are so tasty and so satisfying, you won’t even miss the bun (or the meat!).
Since one burger counts as one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel, each makes a perfect women’s flex lunch. Men who’d like to enjoy this meal at lunch can simply eat both servings. Those (men or women) who’d prefer to enjoy this healthy meal at dinner can stick with one serving and just top the burger with a PowerFuel like cheese.
Confused about flex meals? Check out this simple chart, which breaks it all down for you:
Calories per Serving: 211
On Nutrisystem, Count As: One serving counts as 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- ½ cup cooked edamame, de-shelled
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. coriander
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 2-1/4” thick sliced tomato
- 2 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Mash edamame in a food processor.
- Combine edamame, quinoa, egg, garlic powder, cumin, coriander and pepper.
- Form two patties on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil on High for 4 minutes on each side.
- Assemble burger in lettuce, topped with 1 tsp. of sriracha, one slice of tomato. Fold lettuce leaves to make a wrap.