Dance to a whole new jig with energy bites that summon the awesome flavors of maple and fig: This recipe for Maple Fig Energy Bites is anything but ordinary.
Just like a more traditional energy bar, these little snack nuggets make for the perfect snack on the go, but leave the suspicious ingredients and sneaky sugars far behind. Maple Fig Energy Bites are a heart-healthy blend of Nutrisystem Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal, sweet figs and crunchy walnuts, making them both wholesome beyond belief and incredibly delicious to anyone who’s ever craved a fig cookie.
While we’d be wrong to say that trail mix, energy bars and fig cookies aren’t great, these are so much better. Just imagine a world in which cookie batter and trail mix crash into one and deliver a delicious, guilt-free treat you’ll never need to think twice about. Counting as one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel, these are the sweet snacks dreams are made of. Log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Calories per Serving: 228
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 1 package Nutrisystem Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- ¼ cup dried figs
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup water
- Soak figs in water for 15 minutes.
- Remove figs and reserve water.
- Place figs in food processor and process until fine.
- Add oatmeal and walnuts, processing until the mixture begins to clump and stick. Add water as needed.
- Split mixture into to portions and roll each serving size into balls.