Lack of time will never be an excuse to eat unhealthy again. This Fast Hawaiian Pork Flatbread is literally a two-step recipe, ideal for the busy dieter.
And like the round, soft pita that supports it, by no means does this recipe cut any corners with the flavor. Salty, sweet deli pork is delicately supported by it’s soft base of whole wheat, smothered with hot provolone cheese and garnished with fruity pineapple and savory onion. For such a quick fix, this meal is an absolute mouthful. Four minutes, tops! Can you believe it?!
Did you log your recipe? If not, simply click here to easily log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Calories per Serving: 374
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 SmartCarbs and 2 PowerFuels
- 1-6 inch whole wheat pita
- 1 slice (1 oz.) provolone cheese, low sodium
- 2 oz. deli ham, low sodium
- Handful arugula (~ ½ cup)
- Handful sliced red onion (~ ¼ cup)
- 4 slices pineapple
- Black pepper, to taste
- Build flatbread in the following order: pita, cheese, ham, arugula, red onion and pineapple. Sprinkle some black pepper on top.
- Toast in toaster oven for 3 to 4 minutes.