Ground Turkey and Veggie Curry With Brown RiceRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Who knew healthy could taste so good?! This delicious Ground Turkey and Veggie Curry with Brown Rice features a delicious blend of seasonings and spices to pump up the flavor factor of tender lean ground turkey and a variety of nutrient-dense veggies.
Counting as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Extra and one to two Vegetables on Nutrisystem, this delicious dish is a perfect flex dinner. The best part is, it makes two full servings, so you can share with a loved one or pack up half for left-overs you’ll love. Just remember to log this recipe in the NuMi app to stay on track with your weight loss goals >
Calories per Serving: 330
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and 1 ½ Vegetable
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch red chili flakes
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup carrot, sliced
- ½ cup zucchini, quartered and sliced
- ½ cup (4 oz. of a can) crushed tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium-high and add chopped onions. When onions are soft, add chopped garlic until both are lightly browned.
- Add ground turkey and all spices. Stir often and cook the meat until browned.
- Stir in carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, and water and bring to boil. Turn heat to low and simmer and cover for about 15 minutes or until the carrots and zucchini are soft.
- Taste and add more pepper or chili if desired.
- Serve with brown rice.
- Note: Spices listed make for a non-spicy curry