Ground Turkey and Veggie Curry With Brown RiceRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Who knew healthy could taste so good?! This delicious Ground Turkey and Veggie Curry with Brown Rice features a delicious blend of seasonings and spices to pump up the flavor factor of tender lean ground turkey and a variety of nutrient-dense veggies.
Counting as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Extra and one to two Vegetables on Nutrisystem, this delicious dish is a perfect flex dinner. The best part is, it makes two full servings, so you can share with a loved one or pack up half for left-overs you’ll love. Just remember to log this recipe in the NuMi app to stay on track with your weight loss goals >
Servings: Makes 2 servings
Calories per Serving: 330
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and 1½ Vegetable
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch red chili flakes
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup carrot, sliced
- ½ cup zucchini, quartered and sliced
- ½ cup (4 oz of a can) crushed tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium-high and add chopped onions. When onions
- are soft, add chopped garlic until both are lightly browned.
- Add ground turkey and all spices. Stir often and cook the meat until browned.
- Stir in carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, and water and bring to boil. Turn heat to low and
- simmer and cover for about 15 minutes or until the carrots and zucchini are soft.
- Taste and add more pepper or chili if desired.
- Serve with brown rice.
- Note: Spices listed make for a non-spicy curry