Keep your family heirlooms safe, but your Heirloom Tomato Salad safer: Everyone will want a bite of this fantastic meal. Dressed with a light, balsamic dressing enhanced with a touch of honey, this salad of crunchy, roasted chickpeas, edamame and feta is not your everyday bowl of greens. So, load up on the spinach and get cracking at a recipe that tastes just as good as it will make your body feel. This whole lunch or dinner is completely conducive to a beach body, with fewer than 300 calories. Log the Heirloom Tomato Salad as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one and a half Vegetables and two Extras in the NuMi App by clicking here >
Calories per Serving: 298
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 1/2 Vegetables and 2 Extras
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup sliced heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup edamame, deshelled
- ½ cup fat free feta cheese
- Black pepper, to taste
- Balsamic Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- Dash of ground ginger
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the chickpeas to a baking sheet. Spray them with nonstick spray and season with black pepper. Bake them for 25-35 minutes or until the chickpeas are slightly crispy and golden brown. Remove them from oven and set them aside.
- Arrange the spinach and sliced tomatoes on a plate. Drizzle them with the dressing and top with the chickpeas, edamame and crumbled feta cheese.