Nutrisystem Huevos RancherosRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Lunches, Flex Meals & Snacks, Dinners, Customer Submitted, Main Courses
Your Nutrisystem chili is transformed into a Mexican breakfast with a twist. The tortilla is missing in this Huevos Rancheros recipe. However, one thing that’s not missing is flavor! This hearty meal is sure to keep you satisfied and smiling all day long.
This recipe was submitted by Nutrisystem member, Kate, through our Recipe Submission page. “I am a brand new Nutrisystem client, and I have found it to be pretty easy to adapt to the program,” says Kate. “Losing so much weight the first week really helped! I am eager to find new ways to serve up the vegetarian entrées so that I can stay active and creative in my kitchen. I really want to lose all of the weight that I put on during the pandemic hopefully before my son starts college next Fall and we start meeting so many new families and making new friends!”
After your first week on Nutrisystem, you will start adding in PowerFuels or lean protein foods to your meal plan. “This easy recipe supplements a Nutrisystem Lunch entrée with one PowerFuel and three servings of vegetables,” says Kate. “It’s an easy recipe to personalize; cook the egg and veggies to your own preference. I like my egg over-medium and my spinach only slightly cooked.”
Take Kate’s advice and customize this Huevos Rancheros recipe to your taste buds! Swap in your favorite non-starchy veggies and spices.
This brunch or lunch recipe contains 395 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log it as one Nutrisystem lunch, one PowerFuel and three Vegetables in your NuMi app journal.
Get breakfasts, lunches, dinner and snacks delivered directly to your door! Nutrisystem is your go-to meal delivery service for perfectly portioned meals that support your weight loss goals. Click here to learn more! >
Calories per Serving: 395
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Lunch, 1 PowerFuel and 3 Vegetables
- 1 Nutrisystem Chockful of Veggie Chili
- 1 egg
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- Seasonings, to taste (garlic, black pepper, cayenne, etc.)
- Heat a large saucepan to medium heat. Coat with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions and seasonings. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once the onions have started to brown, add the tomatoes and spinach. Stir and set aside.
- Cook one egg in your preferred style (over-easy, sunny side up, scrambled, etc.).
- Prepare Chockful of Veggie Chili according to package instructions.
- Pour the Chockful of Veggie Chili on a plate with the cooked veggies and egg.