Instant Pot Korean Ground Beef BowlRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
So, you bought some ground beef. Next up: Meal prep! While you may be inclined to cook up the same old beef dinner you always do, you might want to consider trying something new. Cooking new recipes is a great way to get a variety of nutrients while exploring different cuisines. It’s time to aside your family recipe book and check out this new and improved way to eat ground beef! This Instant Pot Korean Ground Beef Bowl recipe is easy to make while providing a complex flavor profile that’s sure to spice up your weekly menu.
Featuring a medley of flavorful ingredients, from garlic and soy sauce to ginger and red pepper flakes, this tender bowl of beef is perfect for enjoying over your favorite healthy SmartCarb. We love it with brown rice but it would also be delicious with quinoa or orzo. Better yet, keep it low carb and add a vegetable serving with a heaping pile of riced cauliflower or steamed broccoli.
The recipe itself is super easy to prepare and clean up. All you need is a handy, dandy Instant Pot! (If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, what are you waiting for?! Find out everything you need to know about this popular countertop appliance right here! >)
You get four perfectly portioned beef dinners out of this healthy recipe. If you’re on a Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log it into your NuMi journal as one and a half PowerFuels and two Extras. Each serving comes in just under 250 calories.
Pro Tip: While we love this Instant Pot Korean Ground Beef in bowl form, it’s also super tasty stuffed inside healthy tacos! You can make Korean beef tacos by pairing your cooked ground beef with whole wheat tortillas and your favorite taco toppings, such as lettuce, salsa and chopped veggies. Yum!
Looking for more healthy ground beef dinners for your weight loss plan? Click here! >
Lose weight while enjoying delicious food with a healthy meal delivery service. Get started with your Nutrisystem program today! >
Calories per Serving: 249
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 ½ PowerFuels and 2 Extras
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, raw
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ cup beef broth, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE. Once warm, add sesame oil.
- Add bell pepper and garlic to the Instant Pot. Cook until soft.
- Add the ground beef and cook for about 5 minutes until browned. It should be mostly cooked but may still have some pink.
- Add sugar, soy sauce, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Pour in the beef broth and stir.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set it to MANUAL for 7 minutes. Once finished, let it naturally release.
- In the meantime, mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Once Instant Pot is finished, stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken.
- Top the cooked beef with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve over brown rice or riced cauliflower if desired.