Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli SoupRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Everyone knows: There’s nothing better during the cold fall and winter months than cozy-ing up on the couch with a warm blanket and a big bowl of piping hot soup. And this Pasta e Fagioli Soup, brimming with satisfying flavor and packed with body-boosting nutrition, definitely fits the bill.
We like to say that when you find a dish that sits at the intersection of healthy and hearty, you’ve found a winner. And this thick, veggie-packed Pasta e Fagioli Soup is exactly that. Counting as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb, one Vegetable and one Extra, this delicious soup is hearty enough to count as a flex meal. And, given all of the vibrant veggies included, it’s definitely healthy. Check and check! Just be sure to log your Pasta e Fagioli Soup in our FREE online tracking app, NuMi. It’s the best way to hold yourself accountable and stay on track toward your weight loss goals. Not using NuMi? You need to read this article:
And by the way, if you’re feeling a bit intimidated by the long list of ingredients, don’t be. This Pasta e Fagioli Soup is actually quite simple to make, thanks to the awesome Instant Pot. Not sure what an Instant Pot is? It’s a very useful kitchen appliance that combines the benefits of a pressure cooker, a saute-er, a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steamer, a yogurt maker and a food warmer. It makes it easy to kick it up in the kitchen, healthy-style, without taking up much space in your cabinets. Just like the Air Fryer, this is a great kitchen tool that helps make healthy eating easy.
Are you a soup souper-fan? (See what we did there?!) Click here to get 16 Tasty Soup Recipes That Taste Like Mom’s Home Cooking >
Servings: Makes 6 servings
Calories per Serving: 303
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 4 cups water
- ¾ cup Ditalini Pasta (or macaroni, orzo, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, low sodium
- 1-8 oz can tomato sauce, low sodium
- 1 ½ cup beans (red cannellini, garbanzo, red kidney beans, etc)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 fresh sprigs of thyme
- 2 fresh sprigs rosemary
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
- For Pasta:
- Add water to the Instant Pot. Press “sauté” and let water heat up.
- When water starts to simmer, add pasta.
- Close lid and set steam knob to “sealing”
- Press “manual” and set to 4 minutes.
- When cook cycle is finished, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Open pot and drain pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- For Soup:
- Press “sauté” and let pot warm up.
- Add oil, onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add ground chicken and red peppers. Cook until done. Break up the meat.
- Add Italian seasoning, black pepper garlic, celery and carrots. Stir.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary and broth.
- Press “cancel” to turn off “sauté” mode, put the lid on, and set steam release knob to “sealing.”
- Press “manual” for 7 minutes.
- When cook cycle is done, let it do a natural release of pressure for 15 minutes, then do a quick release for the remaining pressure. After pin in the lid has dropped, open and sir.
- Stir in pasta and parsley.