Late night and need a quick bite? Late Night Chicken Taquitos are ready in a snap!
Late nights and taquitos go hand in hand. And with only three ingredients to mix together and stuff into a hearty, whole wheat tortilla, these baked bites are a night owl’s dream come true. Late Night Chicken Taquitos are hot appetizer heaven that completely fools your body into thinking you’re cheating on your diet in the worst (and most delicious) way possible.
Thick pieces of shredded chicken and salsa satisfy with big flavor. Enjoy this healthy late night snack fresh out of the oven. Gas stations and boxes of frozen junk food could never compete with the satisfaction these bad boys provide at just 165 calories per serving. Nourishing protein and filling fiber make it a great healthy snack after a late night of work. You won’t find a better taquito recipe!
These delicious Chicken Taquitos go great with homemade salsa! They are the perfect addition to any game day spread or Cinco de Mayo party.
Just double up on the chicken to make it a healthy late night flex meal if you’re on Nutrisystem. As is, these Late Night Chicken Taquitos count for one SmartCarb and half of a PowerFuel. Log them in the NuMi app here! >
Click here for more information on Flex meals and snacks and don’t forget to try some of our other Easy Low Fat Chicken Recipes! >
Calories per Serving: 195
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 2 oz. shredded chicken (or canned chicken)
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 slice of low-fat cheese
- 2, 6-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cut the slice of low-fat cheese into pieces. Mix together chicken, salsa, and chili powder to make filling. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid.
- Add filling and cheese to each tortilla. Roll tightly and place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy.