Everyone’s favorite game-watching guilty pleasure gets a whole lot healthier with this Loaded Potato Skins recipe. Featuring cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, chives and of course, potatoes, this tasty snack is easy to make and easy to eat! Whip up a big batch before the next big party or game, and rest easy knowing that you can fill up without filling out. Have a half cup of a fruit with this tasty appetizer to create an even more nutritious flex snack!
One serving of these Loaded Potato Skins counts as half of a SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Log this recipe in the NuMi app here >
Calories per Serving: 177
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 small russet potato (3 oz)
- Non-stick zero-calorie cooking spray
- ¼ cup shredded low-fat cheese
- 2 Tbsp. tomatoes, diced
- Pinch of chives
- 1 Tbsp. reduced fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Pierce potato several times with a fork or knife. Place potato on oven rack and bake until knife easily pierces the potato, about 50 minutes.
- Let potato cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice potato in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh, leaving about ¼ inch intact (toss remaining flesh or save it for another recipe).
- Spray potato with nonstick spray and season with pepper.
- Broil until crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Fill each skin evenly with cheese, place back into oven and broil until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Top each skin with sour cream, diced tomatoes and a sprinkle of chives.