Frankly, comfort comes in the form of meat and potatoes. While the average casserole dish to fill this warming, feel-good food need is loaded with saturated fats and calories, this Meat & Potato Casserole is completely diet-friendly. Lean turkey, egg whites and whole wheat flour are just some of the wholesome ingredients in this recipe that will keep you satiated long after you’ve erased your cold-weather blues.
Counting as one PowerFuel and one SmartCarb, this Meat & Potato Casserole is the perfect foundation for a Flex Meal. Need a Flex Meal refresher? Get the explanation here.
Calories per Serving: 179
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 9 oz. lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrot
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp. black pepper
- Zero calorie cooking spray
- [post id=”6499″][/post]
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Add turkey to a greased pan on medium-high heat and cook, until it is no longer pink.
- Grate potatoes in a food processor.
- Put grated potatoes in a colander and squeeze excess water out.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour in a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Spray top of it with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Lower heat to 325 °F and bake for another 30-40 minutes.