Mini Chicken Taco Salad Bowl RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Don’t let the word “mini” fool you… This Mini Chicken Taco Salad Bowl recipe has huge flavor.
Rubbed with taco seasoning, tossed with tomatoes and black beans and then drenched with cilantro lime crema and pico de gallo, these tiny taco delights are just 190 calories per serving, but we consider them the big stuff to fill you up and leave you more than satisfied. It’s safe to say, you won’t feel slighted in the least. Chicken and beans provide the PowerFuel you need, along with one SmartCarb, a Vegetable and an Extra. Log this taco salad recipe in the NuMi app! >
Keep Mini Chicken Taco Salad Bowls as a Flex Lunch essential: Men only need to toss on a serving of cheese. Both men and women can make this change or add an extra serving of black beans for a more appropriate Flex Dinner. Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 221
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 2 mini whole-wheat tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 oz. chicken breast, diced into ½” cubes
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- ⅛ tsp. honey
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups baby spinach, torn into small pieces
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red/yellow/orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. black beans, rinsed
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. pico de gallo
- Taco Shell
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mist the inside of an oven-safe dish (e.g. small ramekin or Pyrex) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the tortilla, inside of the dish so that it forms to the shape of the bowl.
- Mist tortilla with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven-safe dish and set aside to cool. Repeat with the other tortilla.
- Cilantro Lime Crema
- Whisk yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, honey, garlic powder, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, toss chicken breast cubes with taco seasoning. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté chicken, stirring periodically, until cooked through (approximately 7-10 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Place about ¾ cups of baby spinach in the bottom of the taco shell bowls.
- Top each taco salad with half of the chicken, one-quarter of a cup of cherry tomatoes, two tablespoons of bell peppers, one tablespoon of black beans, a green onion and one tablespoon of pico de gallo.
- Drizzle with one and a half tablespoons of cilantro lime crema to finish.