Morning Tofu ScrambleRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Main Courses
Tofu in the morning? Sounds crazy, but this Morning Tofu Scramble is an incredible way to fuel up for the day!
The Morning Tofu Scramble takes the best a.m. power foods and tosses them up in an exciting blend of Italian seasoning, insanely nutritious turmeric, cumin and chili powder. Words don’t even do this meal justice, so you’ll have to try it to understand.
Black beans, bell pepper and kale are a fairly common combo, but pine nuts give this one that extra something special. More than 25 grams of protein is more than enough to nourish the body, and is shockingly all delivered in this dish with no meat at all!
Log this Morning Tofu Scramble in the NuMi app as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one and a half Vegetables and one Extra, and you’ve got meatless Monday breakfast totally figured out.
Need to demystify the Nutrisystem Flex Meal operation? Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 429
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 ½ Vegetables and 1 Extra
- 1 cup crumbled extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 1 cup frozen kale (or 2 cups fresh)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 4 Tbsp. pine nuts
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, and bell peppers until softened. Add the kale and beans.
- Add the crumbled tofu to the skillet. Let it cook for about 10 minutes and continue stirring. Add splashes of water to help prevent it from sticking.
- Add the pine nuts and spices, stirring to combine. Enjoy!