Your go-to one dish meal starting to get boring? Well, here lies hope.
This Seafood Paella is a healthy, taste bud extravaganza all shellfish enthusiasts will want to be a part of. Pumped with smokey spices and loaded up with fresh shrimp and mussels, every bit of this one dish meal is an absolute treasure chest of flavor. Because every bite is as good as the last, those other three servings might be reserved (AKA hidden in your fridge) as leftovers.
Even better: This hearty one dish meal makes a great foundation for a Flex Meal: It counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Vegetable and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. So, dive in. Trust us, you won’t regret it. While you’re enjoying this meal, make sure to log it in the NuMi app! >
Calories per Serving: 311
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cups green peppers, sliced thin
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 1/3 cup brown rice, dry
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 12 oz raw shrimp (or 8 oz cooked), peeled
- 4 oz. mussel meat (about 1 lb with the shell)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil, onion and green peppers, cooking until softened.
- Add diced tomatoes, broth, rice and spices.
- Once it starts to boil, turn down the heat to a simmer (covered) for about 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and mussels and cook for another 15 minutes. Discard any unopened mussels.