The perfect way to get your veggie servings in each day is to whip up a fresh salad. We know how monotonous salads can sometimes get, so we’ve created a crunchy recipe to zest things up a bit in the realm of salads. Check out this homemade recipe for 3-Ingredient Ranch Croutons that’s just as simple (and tasty!) as it sounds.
With three easy ingredients and in four simple steps, you’ll be biting into the ultimate salad thanks to these golden, crunchy toppers. Cut up whole grain bread into one-inch cubes and spread evenly on a nonstick baking sheet. Mist with nonstick cooking spray, ensuring you are evenly coating each cube. Place the coated bread crumbs in a large Ziploc bag and shake gently with ranch seasoning. Evenly distribute the cubes on the baking sheet and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the croutons are golden brown. For the best results, flip the croutons about halfway through, so that they are crispy on both sides!
This easy-to-make recipe makes four servings, so it’s perfect to share with the family when you’re throwing together a few on-the-go salads, or it’s easy to store in an airtight container to use throughout the week! Whatever the occasion may be, these croutons are filled with ranch flavor and certain to liven up your veggie servings! At just 85 calories per serving, these croutons count as one SmartCarb on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log your Ranch Croutons, along with all of your daily intake, in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. Easily log your croutons right here in the NuMi app >
Want to lose weight enjoying bread, pasta, pizza and even ice cream? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 85
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 4 ounces whole grain bread, cut into 1” cubes (about 2 cups of cubes)
- Nonstick cooking spray, olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread bread cubes on a nonstick baking sheet and mist with nonstick cooking spray. Toss and mist again, so bread cubes are evenly coated.
- Place bread cubes into a large Ziploc bag. Sprinkle in ranch seasoning. Close bag tightly, shake gently until all cubes are thoroughly coated in seasoning.
- Spread croutons on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway, until croutons are browned on both sides.