Healthier Raspberry Lemon SconesRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Are you a sucker for a sweet and flaky pastry? Are bakery scones your ultimate guilty pleasure? Are pastries a common hiccup on your healthy diet? We’ve got some greats news! This Healthier Raspberry Lemon Scones recipe is made with a few Nutrisystem-approved ingredients and won’t totally derail your weight loss goals.
Say goodbye to Sunday morning stops at the local bakery—these Raspberry Lemon Scones can be whipped up in the comfort of your own kitchen. And the best part about these scones? They won’t haunt you with the overwhelming feeling of guilt from cheating on your healthy diet because our recipe is totally diet-approved!
These homemade pastries are so sweet, nutritious and absolutely delicious, they very well just might become your favorite go-to dessert. Made with an array of ingredients including whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, Splenda brown sugar, salt, lemons, coconut oil, egg, skim milk, vanilla extract and frozen raspberries, this recipe makes 12 flaky scones.
Whip these sweet treats up for a Sunday brunch or enjoy them throughout the week. Whatever the occasion may be, these Raspberry Lemon Scones are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth the healthy way.
These flaky, golden pastries fold in juicy, sweet raspberries to make the ultimate bakery-inspired delicacy. Each scone counts as one SmartCarb and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan and clocks in at just 170 calories.
To ensure you aren’t overdoing it with these Healthier Raspberry Lemon Scones, log each serving in the NuMi app to stay on track with your weight loss goals. Not familiar with our easy-to-use food tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 12 (1 scone=1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 170
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. Splenda brown sugar blend (or other low-calorie brand)
- ½ tsp. salt
- Zest of two lemons
- 6 Tbsp. solid coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ¾ cups + 1 Tbsp. skim milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt and lemon zest; whisk until combined.
- Add coconut oil to dry mixture and use two forks to cut it into the mixture until a coarse texture is achieved.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, ¾ cups skim milk and 1 tsp. vanilla extract. Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring to combine. Fold in raspberries until well incorporated. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to allow dough to firm.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and flatten into a 10” circle. Cut into 12 small wedges. Separate and transfer to baking sheet.
- Brush tops with remaining milk. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.