Everyone loves roasted chicken and beef, but what about those veggies? They’re fun to roast, too (and filled with nutritional value)! From roasted red potatoes to roasted asparagus they’re all so yummy, and today we’re looking at Roasted Veggie Guacamole.
Making this Roasted Veggie Guacamole recipe starts off with picking out the perfect ingredients. Fresh tomatillos, peppers and avocado can instantly take your guacamole from nine out of 10 to a 10 out of 10. If you need any help when it comes to assuring your fruit and veggies are ripe, check out How to Ripen Fruit Faster > And in case you forgot just how healthy avocados can be, check out Avocados 101: All About Avocados >
Enough reading about avocados, let’s put them to use! Kick things off by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Grab a baking sheet and line it with foil, then toss tomatillos, garlic, onion and your peppers onto the baking sheet. Roast the veggies for about 10 minutes, flip them and roast for another 10 minutes. Once they’re roasted to perfection, put all the roasted veggies into your food processor and pulse until the veggies are broken down into chunks.
Next, grab a bowl and mash together avocado, cilantro, lime juice and black pepper. Pour in the roasted vegetables and stir together until they’re one. Last but not least, slice up your veggie favorite veggie dipper and dig in! (Pro tip: Be sure to count for the extra veggie servings for dipping).
When you’re thinking about taking one last dip but are worried about its implications on your diet, take out your phone and check out NuMi. Our food tracking app keeps a record of all the healthy meals you’ve been chowing down on and will tell you whether or not that final dip is worth it. Plus, we’ll send you some diet tips and tricks along with a little extra motivation. Log your food in NuMi today! >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 16 (2 Tbsp. = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 48
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 2 tomatillos
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1 poblano pepper, cut in half and seeded
- ½ red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil and add tomatillos, garlic, onion, poblano pepper and red bell pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes, flip and roast for another 10 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Add roasted vegetables to a food processor or blender and pulse until broken down into chunks.
- In a separate bowl, mash together avocado, cilantro, lime juice and black pepper. Pour in roasted vegetables and stir to combine.
- Serve with chips or use as a topping.