Healthy Salted Caramel Hot ChocolateRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Without Nutrisystem Shakes, Shakes, Smoothies & Drinks
Salty and sweet are the makings for any perfectly satisfying recipe. And this Healthy Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, with its delicious blend of melt-in-your-mouth caramel and coarse sea salt, definitely does not disappoint.
Better than a box of chocolates, this healthy hot chocolate is definitely the drink you’ll want while cozying up by a fire, all ready to watch a movie. Soft, warming chocolate melts your taste buds, while salted caramel drips over the mug, as you sip. The best part? This warm cup of cozy is sweetened with stevia, so no concerns about swimming in sugar necessary.
Need more protein in your diet? This Salted Caramel Healthy Hot Chocolate has you covered: It counts as One PowerFuel and one Extra. Log it in the NuMi app here >
Calories per Serving: 136
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 cup nonfat or skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of stevia
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sugar-free caramel sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free whipped topping
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Pour the milk into a small pot and set the heat to medium.
- When milk is warm, whisk in cocoa powder and stevia. Heat for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and remove from heat.
- Pour hot chocolate into mug.
- Add whipped topping to hot chocolate. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt.