Have you ever been out at a Mexican restaurant staring at the food in front of you wondering how many calories are hiding in the dish you ordered? With this Shrimp Fajita Bowl recipe, you can enjoy a Mexican dish in the comfort of your own home and rest easy knowing that you will stay right on track with your weight loss goals. On top of that, it’s super easy to make! Enjoyable and simple—this delicious dish calls for a fiesta!
The heart of this bowl is made of brown rice, shrimp, corn, onion and peppers, and the only kitchen appliances you need to create this masterpiece are a baking sheet and a large skillet. Better yet, all it takes is about three minutes for the shrimp to soak up all the juices and flavors from everything else in the pan. And it’s a good thing the cook time isn’t long, because this mouthwatering aroma will have your taste buds instantly begging to chow down.
Not only is this Shrimp Fajita Bowl easy to cook, but it has so many health benefits. The calories in shrimp are low while the protein and nutrient counts will keep you feeling full the healthy way. Consuming nutrient-dense and high protein foods is continuously encouraged for a weight loss meal plan. Plus, shrimp is full of iron, protein, zinc, B3, vitamin D…the list goes on!
One serving of this recipe counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one serving of Vegetables and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. And to keep your weight loss even simpler, you can use your NuMi app to stay right on track with your weight loss goals and make sure you are staying within your allotted daily intake.
On a Mexican kick, but don’t want to destroy your diet? Be sure to check out these 20 Mexican Recipes That Won’t Destroy Your Diet >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 251
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 ½ limes, juiced
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup guacamole
- Place peppers, onion and corn on a baking sheet. Coat with nonstick spray. Cook at 400 F for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil at medium-high. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add chili powder, green onion, shrimp and juice from one lime. Cook on each side for 3 minutes or until done. Remove from heat.
- Stir in juice from half of lime and half the cilantro into the brown rice.
- Assemble bowl with rice, shrimp, corn, onion and peppers. Garnish with leftover cilantro. Top with 1 tablespoon of guacamole in each bowl.