Everyone knows that Shepherd’s Pie is the ultimate comfort food. But most people also know that the savory dish, which typically features a meat and vegetable base and a creamy mashed potato top layer isn’t exactly diet-friendly.
But you can still enjoy all the flavor and texture of this delicious seasonal staple with this simple recipe that features your Nutrisystem Turkey Medallions with Mashed Potatoes and a few other pantry staples.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Dinner and 1 Vegetable
- 1 package Nutrisystem Turkey Medallions with Mashed Potatoes
- ¼ cup carrots, diced
- 2 Tbsp. celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp. onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. parsnips, diced
- 1 tsp. mined garlic
- 2 Tbsp. frozen green peas
- ¼ chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme, divided
- ¼ tsp. dried rubbed sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove tray from carton and cut two, 1-inch slits in film to vent.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Peel back film and set aside to cool.
- When cool, carefully remove turkey medallions from gravy and chop into bite size pieces.
- In a saucepan combine turkey, carrots, celery, onion, parsnips, garlic, half of the dried thyme, and dried sage.
- Pour chicken broth over mixture in saucepan, set pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid reduces slightly.
- Add peas and the remaining gravy to saucepan.
- Spray a ramekin with cooking spray.
- Transfer vegetable and turkey mixture to the ramekin, spreading evenly on the bottom.
- Mix remaining dried thyme into mashed potatoes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully spoon mashed potatoes over turkey and vegetable mixture in ramekin.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Switch oven to broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until top is golden brown.