These Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas couldn’t be any easier to make or more delicious to eat! The best part about this chicken fajita recipe is that it makes several servings, which means you can feed your whole family or you can freeze your leftovers and have ready-to-go diet meals all week.
This meal counts as one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel on the Nutrisystem weight loss program, which makes it the perfect base for a Flex™ meal. Check out this article on Flex™ meals to learn how many SmartCarbs and PowerFuels you can have at each flex meal occasion.
Servings: 6 (1 serving = about 1 cup chicken fajita mixture and 1 mini whole-wheat tortilla)
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 16 oz. chicken breast
- 1 ½ cups chunky style salsa
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ cups black beans (1, 15 oz. can), drained and rinsed
- Serve with:
- 6 mini whole-wheat tortillas
- Fresh cilantro
- Wash and thinly slice the onion.
- Add chicken breast, salsa, onion, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and black pepper to a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Stir contents of slow cooker with a large spoon until combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- After 3-4 hours, remove lid of slow cooker and use two forks to shred the chicken breast.
- Once chicken has been fully shredded, add the black beans to the slow cooker and stir well. Replace lid and cook on low for 1-hour.
- To serve, wrap chicken fajita mixture in a whole wheat tortilla or slice the tortilla into “chips” and toast until crispy. Top with fresh cilantro leaves.