Soft Pretzel Breakfast BakeRecipe posted in: Tasty Takes on Nutrisystem Meals, Breakfasts, Snacks & Desserts
If you’re anything like us, you love a little carb action with your meals. Luckily, on Nutrisystem, you can have your carbs and lose weight, too! We’ve got all the carby favorites from muffins to pastas. And, one of our best-selling snacks is our Whole Grain Soft Pretzel. That’s probably because it tastes just like the kind you get at your favorite sports stadium, but it doesn’t come with all the guilt.
And while we think the pretzel is AWESOME all on its own (plus a little mustard, of course!), we love mixing things up and finding new spins on our staples. Enter the Soft Pretzel Breakfast Bake. This delicious dish pairs the Whole Grain Soft Pretzel with eggs, cheese and tons of veggies for an inside out breakfast sandwich that’s got carbs, protein, healthy fats and veggies! Enjoy it at breakfast (you may want to enjoy a side of your favorite PowerFuel since the calorie count is a tad low on this too-good-to-be-true recipe), or as a satisfying snack. No matter how you choose to enjoy it, this dish will have your carb-loving heart!
Running low on your Soft Pretzel stash? Click here to add a few more to your cart >
Calories per Serving: 165
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Vegetables
- 1 Nutrisystem Whole Grain Soft Pretzel, defrosted and left to harden overnight
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 6 spears of asparagus, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 2 Tbsp. sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 Tbsp. low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mist two 2-cup ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of water. Add garlic, onion, asparagus, and sundried tomatoes; cook until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then, stir in spinach, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Tear or cut soft pretzel into small bite-sized pieces. Divide evenly and place in the bottom of the ramekins.
- Divide vegetable mixture in half and spread evenly on top of the pretzel pieces. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of mozzarella in each ramekin.
- In a liquid measuring cup whisk together egg whites and skim milk. Pour an equal amount of the liquid into each ramekin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until eggs are no longer liquid and top is slightly brown.