Southwest Spaghetti Squash BowlRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
This is a delicious and filling recipe you can enjoy whether you’re on the Nutrisystem program or you’re just craving something healthy and hearty!
If you are on the Nutrisystem program, this delicious dish counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, three Vegetables and one Extra, making it a fabulous flex dinner option.
If you’re confused about flex meals, check out this article. Need a refresher on Smart Carbs and PowerFuels? We’ve got you covered here.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 3 Vegetables and 1 Extra
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup diced white onion
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ½ cup yellow corn
- 2 Tbsp. diced black olives
- 2 oz. shredded cooked chicken breast
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- Slice squash in half and scoop out seeds and excess strings, then place cut-side down on a microwave-safe dish filled with an inch of water.
- Cook the squash in the microwave on high for 10-15 minutes, until you can pierce the squash easily with a fork. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Scrape squash with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands
- Spray a small skillet and bring to medium heat. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper and olives, then cook until tender (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in beans and corn and cook for about 1 minute. Add cooked squash, tomatoes, olives, cooked chicken and cilantro, sprinkle with lime juice, then cook until heated through.
- Scoop mixture back into squash and top with cheese.