Already a big fan of spinach tarts and spanakopita?
You might just drool over these party-perfect Spinach Cups. The full-flavored pairing of potato, spinach and cheese would make the famous spinach-loving sailor jealous, let alone your friends! With three servings, there’s plenty to share… Whether or not you do, is completely up to you.
The Nutrisystem counts are a tad bit confusing for this one, but we have the breakdown here for you: Simply log these spinach cups as one PowerFuel, half a Vegetable and one Extra. While there are potatoes in this dish, the quantity is too small to count as an entire SmartCarb. The spud does have close to 30 calories, however, so it is noted as an Extra.
Servings: 3 (1 serving = 2 cups)
Calories per Serving: 108
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, ½ Vegetable and 1 Extra
- ½ cup potato, peeled and sliced 1/16-inch thick
- ½ cup low-fat cheese, shredded
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Spray 6-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Place one layer of potato slices in muffin tin, top with cheese, then top with another layer of potato slices. Press down. Sprinkle with black pepper
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, sauté spinach, garlic powder and onion powder until water evaporates. Set aside.
- Mix spinach with the egg.
- Evenly distribute spinach and egg mixture into each potato cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes.