Spring Citrus Scallops with CouscousRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
If you want to change up your diet, look no further! Spring Citrus Scallops with Couscous is a meal that has all the belly-pleasing bells and whistles. This healthy dinner recipe takes gloriously fresh scallops and pairs them with light, fresh beet-inspired vegetable salad that gives all of the flavors of the most promising season to a delightful bed of soft couscous. Cilantro, mint, lime juice and parsley are completely refreshing.
Just log this meal as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, two Vegetables and three Extras, because, as a well-rounded dish, the Spring Citrus Scallops with Couscous hits all of the bases. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app >
If you want to lighten it up a bit (and save some of those Extras), try using nonstick cooking spray instead of the oil. Click here to learn more about Extras >
Calories per Serving: 422
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 2 Vegetables and 3 Extras
- 12 oz. large sea scallops
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup mango, diced
- 3 medium golden beets
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. mint, chopped
- Black pepper
- ¾ cup cooked couscous (or brown rice)
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and roast them for an hour or until they become soft. Peel the beets, let them cool and dice them them to cubes.
- Put the parsley, cilantro, mint, lime juice and one tablespoon of olive oil in a mixing bowl. Set this aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the beets, cucumber, mango and red onion to the bowl. Season with black pepper and toss. Set it aside and toss it occasionally, over the course of 30 minutes.
- Put the scallops on a baking sheet and season them with black pepper. Drizzle the remaining oil. Broil the scallops on high for 5 minutes and flip them occasionally for 2-3 minutes, until they are cooked and opaque.
- Add the scallops to beet cucumber mixture and serve them with couscous.