Strawberry Chocolate Protein PopcornRecipe posted in: Tasty Takes on Nutrisystem Meals, Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks & Desserts
Strawberry Chocolate Protein Popcorn takes your bowl of kernels to another level.
Sweet popcorn ideas are a dime a dozen, but this healthy, protein sprinkled recipe could very well be uncharted territory. Puffy, crunchy little whole grain kernels are disguised as a dessert thanks to the added natural sweetness of freeze dried strawberries and the chocolatey depth of flavored protein powder. Devilishly delicious with zero bad ingredients. This light treat is the ideal nighttime snack, workday nosh or afternoon energy booster.
And because Strawberry Chocolate Protein Popcorn is so simple to prepare, you’ll have one less SmartCarb and PowerFuel to worry about, allowing your mind to linger on the bliss inspired by every bite.
The sweetest part? You can use any protein powder for this recipe. Which means you can use your Nutrisystem FreshStart Shake (Running low? Stock up here), or whatever you have on hand. Either way, you get a flex snack you’re bound to love!
Calories per Serving: 151
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 2 Tbsp. popcorn kernels
- 1 brown paper bag
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries
- Place kernels in the brown paper bag and fold the top 2-3 times to firmly crease it, so it stays closed.
- Cook for 90-120 seconds in the microwave, or until popping sounds become less frequent.
- Transfer popcorn to a bowl.
- Mist with coconut oil spray, sprinkle with half of the chocolate protein powder, and stir. Mist again with coconut oil spray, sprinkle with the second-half of the chocolate protein powder.
- Mix in the freeze dried strawberries and serve.