If you’ve got Thanksgiving leftovers, we’ve got you covered with this ridiculously delicious dish that features a tasty blend of all your holiday staples.
Featuring turkey, cranberries, brown rice and a whole host of veggies, spices and seasonings, this Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole is a healthy (and tasty!) hodge-podge of all your favorite leftovers.
Since this dish counts as one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel on the Nutrisystem program, it makes a great base for a flex meal. Need a flex meal refresher? We’ve got you covered right here.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1/6 of this recipe counts as 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 12 oz turkey, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup leftover roasted potato (white or sweet) or 2 cups winter squash (acorn or butternut) cubed
- 2 cups leftover green vegetable (spinach, zucchini, etc)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium high. Add onion and garlic.
- Add potato/winter squash and green vegetable. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, turkey and seasoning.
- Lastly add cranberries.
- Transfer the mixture to casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.