When you’re short on time but big on hunger, our 15-Minute Tomato Basil Shrimp is here to save the day! The succulent shrimp along with the savory tomato basil sauce combine to make a healthy dinner you won’t soon forget.
As much as we love seafood, we know it’s not for everyone. But you might just change your mind after you check out these 12 Fantastic Seafood Recipes That Have Caught Our Hearts Big Time > For even the pickiest of eaters, there is bound to be an irresistible seafood recipe.
If you’ve never made your own shrimp dish before and are afraid of a challenge, don’t worry! Cooking this 15-Minute Tomato Basil Shrimp is way easier than you think. Just grab a large skillet and heat oil at medium-high heat. Next, toss in the shrimp, onion and garlic and let them cook for two to three minutes, or until the shrimp have started to turn pink. Find a jar of your favorite tomato sauce and pour it in the skillet while adding Italian seasoning and black peppers. Stir all the ingredients to combine and lower the heat to simmer.
Let the skillet cook for an additional two to three minutes before adding in your spinach, basil and sundried tomatoes. Cook until the spinach is wilted and remove from heat. Simply top off your delicious and nutritious meal with Parmesan cheese and garnish with basil and it’s ready to be served!
“But, what about when we’re ordering seafood at a restaurant? How do we keep it simple and healthy?” We hear these questions all the time and have just the solution! Simply read up on How to Order at a Seafood Restaurant > and you can confidently keep your meal well within your diet’s guidelines.
If you need help keeping an eye on those pesky guidelines, have no fear, NuMi is here! Our diet tracking app works 24/7 to keep you in line while making dieting easier than ever. Not convinced? Check out NuMi for yourself and let us know what you think >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 375
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup tomato sauce, no salt added
- 2 cup spinach
- ¼ cup chopped basil plus more for garnish
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 slices (~2 oz) of a whole grain baguette
- Heat oil in large skillet at medium-high.
- Add in shrimp, onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until shrimp have started to turn pink.
- Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Stir to combine. Adjust heat to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach, chopped basil and sundried tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach has wilted.
- Remove skillet from heat and top with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with basil.
- Serve with baguette slices.