Vegetable Lasagna BakeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Lasagna (and pasta in general) is often one of the first things people swear off when they start a new diet. After all, this classic Italian casserole is packed with noodles, tons of cheese and, in many cases, too much meat.
However, here at Nutrisystem, we’re all about helping you enjoy your favorite foods while you drop pounds and get healthy. We’ve created this delicious dinner recipe so that you can put lasagna back on the menu. By replacing the meat with a whole bunch of vibrant veggies and keeping our cheese lean, we were able to create a delicious veggie lasagna bake that is packed with flavor but won’t pack on the pounds.
Because this delicious dish counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and half of a Vegetable serving, it makes a great base for a Flex meal on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan. (Learn more about Flex meals here! >) Don’t forget to keep track of all of your meals and snacks each day with our easy-to-use NuMi app. NuMi is your weight loss sidekick and the perfect way to keep your daily meal plan organized while you lose weight.
Craving lasagna but don’t have time to cook? We can help with that, too! Be sure to stock up the Vegetarian Lasagna from Nutrisystem. With its four cheese blend, thick noodles and a medley of corn, peas, pinto beans, spinach, carrots and onions, it’s a comfort food classic that you’ll want to enjoy again and again … which you can easily do because it’s ready in less than two minutes!
Don’t worry meat lovers. We have a lasagna dinner for you, too! Our Lasagna with Meat Sauce is packed with 15 grams of protein but clocks in at just 260 calories. Whip this one up anytime you need a satisfying dinner in a snap!
Looking for more healthy pasta recipes? Click the link below for tons of tasty options for every palate!:
Calories per Serving: 231
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and ½ Vegetable
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, low fat
- Zero calorie cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a small casserole dish or loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to boil. Add butternut squash and cook until soft. Drain then mash with a fork.
- Combine cottage/ricotta cheese, eggs and Italian seasoning.
- Lasagna Assembly:
- Place 2 lasagna noodles on bottom of casserole dish. Spread ½ of mashed butternut squash on the noodles. Top with ½ of the spinach and tomato. Add 1/3 of the cottage/ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese. Repeat.
- Top with last two lasagna noodles, then spread the rest of the cottage/ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.