Vegetable Spring Rolls with Sweet Cilantro SauceRecipe posted in: Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners
These spring rolls are packed with nutrient-dense, vibrant veggies (and mouthwatering mango!) and bursting with flavor. We love that they’re so versatile—enjoy them as a between-meal snack or as a side to any of your favorite Nutrisystem meals. Our favorite thing about these spring rolls, though, is that you aren’t limited to using only the veggies listed in this healthy recipe. Pack in some red peppers and leafy greens like we did for an added nutrient boost, or add a little crunch to your spring roll with some shredded carrots. Some of our vegetarian readers have even suggested adding in a half cup of steamed tofu or unsalted edamame for an added protein boost (a half cup of either of these options counts as one PowerFuel on Nutrisystem). Either way, we’re pretty sure you’ll love these spring rolls. And don’t even get us started on that sauce!
Calories per Serving: 208
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable and 3 Extras
- 2 rice papers
- ½ cup mango, sliced into ¼-in thick strips
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup yellow corn
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch thick strips
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- Cilantro Sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 packet of stevia all natural sweetener
- Blend cilantro, yogurt and stevia until smooth. Set aside.
- Place rice paper wrapper into water until it is soft and pliable (~15-20 seconds).
- Remove rice paper wrapper and place onto a wet towel.
- Place mango, bean sprouts, cucumber, corn and cabbage in the middle of the wrappers.
- Roll up the paper halfway, over the fillings. Fold the sides. Keep rolling the paper into a tight log to seal.
- Serve immediately with the cilantro sauce.