With its excellent crunch and licorice flavor, fennel is a prime base for a side dish. Watch as Nutrisystem dietitian Mandi Knowles shows how to make a tasty fennel salad, complete with celery and apple. It’s a tasty vegetable choice on the Nutrisystem program and makes an excellent accompaniment to any Nutrisystem meal. Bon appetit!
Calories per Serving: 78
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ¼ SmartCarb and ½ Vegetable
- 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple (any variety), thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt, pepper, drizzle of olive oil
- Chop vegetables and apple. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.