With its excellent crunch and licorice flavor, fennel is a prime base for a side dish. Watch as Nutrisystem dietitian Mandi Knowles shows how to make a tasty fennel salad, complete with celery and apple. It’s an unlimited vegetable choice on the Nutrisystem program and makes an excellent accompaniment to any Nutrisystem meal. Bon appetit!
Calories per Serving: 77.5
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ¼ SmartCarb and ½ Vegetable
- 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple (any variety), thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt, pepper, drizzle of olive oil
- Chop vegetables and apple. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.