Nothing says fall like warm and flavorful pumpkin soup. Watch as Nutrisystem’s own Kristen Flynn demonstrates how to make a tasty and guilt-free version of this comforting dish.
In the Fall there is Pumpkin Spice everything. We’re going to add a pumpkin twist to one of our simple lunches.
We’re going to add pumpkin pie filling to our White Bean Chicken Chili for a spicy pumpkin soup. First put a cup of chicken broth into a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Next add some diced red peppers and your diced white onion. Let that heat up for a little bit before you add the pumpkin paste.
Add one cup of the pumpkin puree and let those kind of merge together.
The final thing you are going to do, since it doesn’t take too long to heat up is add in the White Bean and Chicken Chili. Do it straight from the container. Keep it on kind of a simmer and then once it starts bubbling you know it is probably ready. Share your veggie sexy Nutrisystem recipes with us on Facebook and Twitter.
For Nutrisystem, I’m Kristen Flynn.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Lunch, 1 SmartCarb and 1/2 Vegetable
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 package Nutrisystem White Bean Chicken Chili
- Add chicken broth to saucepan and bring to medium heat
- Add diced red peppers and onion
- Stir in pumpkin puree
- Add White Bean Chicken Chili and allow soup to simmer