Easy-as-Pie Portabella PizzasRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Sides
Nutrisystem’s Deanna Otranto demonstrates how to prepare tasty portabella mushroom pizzas that uses mushroom caps in place of a crust. Not only are these personal-sized pizzas delicious, they are a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your day!
If you like mushrooms on your pizza, you’re going to love this recipe which uses portabella mushrooms instead of a crust. To make the recipe, the first thing you’ll do is to remove the stems from your portabella mushrooms. And then you’re going to make a bowl out of the mushroom by removing the insides. Next just spray a cooking sheet or a pan with some cooking spray then put your mushrooms in the pan. And you’ll just want to spray them with a little bit of cooking spray as well. Next you’ll slice the tomato nice and thin and this will be a nice replacement for our sauce. Then just add your tomatoes, as many as you’d like, then top that with some mozzarella cheese. Then put it in the oven for about 400 degrees and 8 minutes or so. Top your portabella pizza with your favorite spices like dried oregano or even some fresh basil. The portabella pizzas are great any time of the day but I love them for lunch with a fudge graham bar. Share your veggie sexy Nutrisystem recipes with us on Facebook or Twitter. For Nutrisystem, I’m Deanna Otranto.
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious meals delivered directly to your door! Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1-2 Vegetables (depending on tomato quantity)
- 2 medium portabella mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- Seasonings (to taste)
- Remove the stem and insides of the mushrooms, then spray a baking dish and mushroom caps with cooking spray.
- Top each mushroom with tomato slices and cheese.
- Place in the oven for 8 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Top with fresh basil, oregano or desired seasonings.