Healthy Watermelon Summer Salad with QuinoaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides
There’s something magical about this delicious Watermelon Summer Salad with Quinoa, which features sweet watermelon, fresh strawberries, slivered almonds, quinoa and feta cheese. It’s both flavorful and hearty, making it a great diet dish to bring along to barbecues and picnics all season-long.
Since this refreshing dish counts as one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel on the Nutrisystem weight loss program, it makes a perfect flex lunch for women. Men seeking a flex lunch can eat both servings. Want to enjoy this healthy meal for dinner? Just double up the quinoa or almonds so you can tack on another PowerFuel.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh watermelon
- 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup fat-free feta cheese crumbles
- Red wine vinegar (to taste)
- Basil (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients, topping with basil.
- Cover and chill in fridge before enjoying (optional).